Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
Options

Feeling Good [Nina Simone Cover] 2 Takes~!

I have 2 Vox takes for your discernment~! One was cut with a Logitech headset mic just over 1 year ago. The other was done today, using the Shure SM7b. Tell me which one you like better if you would, please? If you lack the time, the 1st one up is just fine. Thanks 😎
https://kevinwayne.bandcamp.com/album/feeling-good-nina-simone-cover

Comments

• Options
    kevinwaynekevinwayne Member Posts: 64
    Don't everyone yell at once~! :p
    There's actually a new take I just cut for the 2nd track, so either is ok to check out. Trying to get more relaxed and less forced with my delivery, so feedback appreciaed.
  • Options
    ModMod 2.0 PRO Posts: 60
    I listened to both tracks. Your voice is OK I think. However, there are issues when it comes to holding on to the note.

I'm not that experienced I could give any advice on how to improve that issue. I think it is possible though as I've heard some artists in our country who are singing professionally now but at the beginning of their career, they had problems.
  • Options
    kevinwaynekevinwayne Member Posts: 64
    Mod said:

there are issues when it comes to holding on to the note

There's only one take up now ...And I've listened a couple of times and I have to confess I'm not hearing what it is you're hearing. I did get rid of the weaker of the two versions. So perhaps that's why.