Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Doing exercises with headphones

Hi , there is a problem for me doing exercises at home for some reasons . I can't hear the notes clearly because of noisy environment. Can I do the exercises with headphones on? It will help me to hear the notes clearly
@Wigs @highmtn

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    no problem with that
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    You may find it very beneficial to sing into a microphone plugged into a mixer with a headphone output. This will help you to learn to use a microphone better, and to hear yourself through the headphones.

One thing to watch out for is to make sure you don't become too dependent on the headphones. Do periodically sing without headphones or a sound system so that you won't be confused when you sing acoustically into a room. So sing without the headphones sometimes when nobody else is around to be disturbed by your voice, and you will be fine.

If you get too dependent on the headphones, you could have problems when singing in the open. But singing with headphones helps you to get better at recording, because you have to wear headphones in the studio and that is a skill to be learned, as well.