Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Spirit Carries On - Dream Theater (Cover)

Besides the ending (after pulling the On, the start of the "ohohoh") that I started too early without waiting for the piano - any other input (both for improving as well as a nice confidence booster if you think I deserve one lol) will be welcome :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4tjLNVxXws

Comments

• Options
    TerenceTerence 3.0 Streaming Posts: 355

A heartfelt performance which the audience enjoyed.

Lots of hard r's could be modified to make those words much easier/natural to sing. For example, 2:25 Dehs-ah-pehhr rather than dihsapeeerrre.

• Options
    DannyOc3anDannyOc3an 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 668
    Hello Eyalido, while it's enjoyable, I would love to hear more ping in your voice; that kind of ping that comes from training (ideally daily) singing workouts (scales). Most of our ping comes from cord closure. If you apply more cord closure then you will be cutting back some of that airy voice you're using. Remember, the overuse of air is an enemy to your voice. I do hear a very airy voice right now, while you can get away with it on a gig every now and then, or for effect, it's not your goal for vocal health (and tone).
    If you train scales regularly, keep this first in your mind. Ping is king. Bring ping and let it grow your voice like a plant turning into a tree. Let the ping grow as growing muscles, with daily training, with patience and consistency, until the day comes your voice has a nice raspy brassy tone, opposed to an airy tone. Review the "it's the Lah AH" sound that Ken makes, or just mimic Ken's bright ping and cord closure while he does scales when you do your scales, and you will find it. Once you find it, work with it everyday so it grows. B)