Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

American Idol Virtual Audition

Hello everyone, I did a virtual audition for American Idol yesterday. There was quiet the story behind this video, including the power going out in the hotel in Mexico where I was doing the audition. I will be posting the full story and background leading up to this moment on my YouTube channel in the coming week.

I hope to get all feedback on this video about how to improve and whether you think I'd be a good fit for American Idol.

https://youtu.be/d8R29DG_cUk

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    You did pretty well until the really high part where the sound got caught in your throat. I hope they hear the potential rather than base everything on your performance. Your tender tone was more mature than I've heard in the past, well done with that.

Honestly, based on this alone if it was performed the way you did during a live audition, I'd say it's 50/50 whether you would progress. The judges would either say they can hear your potential, or that you should come back with more gigging experience to hone your voice.

Your work ethic is awesome, and your voice has grown ALOT since you started the course, what ever happens is just more experience for you to learn from. 🤘🏼🎤
  • Options
    GuyChanGuyChan 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 168
    I really like your Al Green kinda tone, it's so sweet. You have a great ability to mix, which is always appreciable. It's true that when it comes to some high notes, you kinda get a little pitchy, that might be because of the break area. Keep working dude, you keep getting better and better. I just hope that you'll be able to go to wherever you'd like to with that.

Peace

Florian
  • Options
    michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 252
    @wigs totally great points. Showing friends this I have only gotten positive feedback, but I agree with your points and felt these issues as well.

@GuyChan Agreed with this pitchiness part. I have such a hard time with pitch.
  • Options
    JoanneJoanne 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 10
    edited September 2022
    Thank you for sharing your informative audition video with us, @michaelmusic! Congratulations on your audition! :)