Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Any hope for me?

I live with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), a condition that results in progressive weakness in the muscles, effectively leaving me paralyzed except for some finger movement. As it pertains to singing this means I can’t stand, my back and neck are slightly to moderately arched backward and a forced vital capacity (FVC, the exhalation volume) that’s around 15% of an average person's. I can hit up to around a D5 (I’m a guy) and have no problems with pitch and timing, but find I myself out of breath and having to breathe every few words. I’m not looking to perform at all— I just enjoy singing to myself, and I do so in the shower for 1.5 hours (due to my physical limitations) every day, but am looking to be the best singer I can be and ensure it’s sustainable. Is there any hope that the KTVA course will help me considering my extremely weak diaphragm?

Answers

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I can't say for sure if the course will help you considering your condition. I'm not going to blindly tell you that buying the course will improve things for you.

What I can say is that the course will give you guidance to use the correct technique. If you are singing now and are willing to learn and apply how to do things properly, then you should be able to find some sort of improvement within your physical limitations.

I suggest taking a look at @Klaus_T page where he has a list of Ken's free YouTube videos you can use as a try before you buy, and get a simple exercise regime going before commiting. I wish you well mate 👍🏼