Home Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS

feedback please on Simple Man Shinedown

WayneWayne 2.0 PRO Posts: 62

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    It's listed as unavailable.
    Im really keen on listening to it because I'll be posting a version sometime soon as well, but it's still unavailable.
  • WayneWayne 2.0 PRO Posts: 62
    edited October 2022
    Hi Wigs I have reposted Simple Man thanks my guitar playing isn't too good
    Sorry it took a while. Good job on having a crack playing and singing, it's not an easy thing to do. I don't know if it's because you are concentrating on 2 things at once, but vocally there are some things that can be improved all round.

The pitch and melody aren't closely matched to the Shinedown version. If you are going for a different melody that's fine, but even so your pitch does miss the mark here and there. He uses alot of chest voice and good support to hit those notes, I think the highest note on "be satisfied" in the song is around the B4 which takes alot of strength to sound like you are in full voice.

Practice the song first without the guitar, and concentrate on pitch and support with vowels only to embed muscle memory in your throat. I reckon this will take you a while, I don't think I've ever gotten through the whole song flawlessly.

Thanks for posting it 👍🏼
  • WayneWayne 2.0 PRO Posts: 62
    thankyou Wigs for your advice I've got a lot of things to practice.Thanks for getting back to me.