Home Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS

18 Month Progress Report

I like to post every 6 months to see progress, so here I am 18 months in. Most practice is driving home from work in car.

I still have a lot to learn but slowly getting better I think, any feedback?

I deliberately chose a song fairly high in my range and just aang it straight through…..

https://www.smule.com/sing-recording/2854626279_4494742428

Thanks
Stung

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    nice, sounds pretty good. you can be proud! the best for progress assessment is the LAH scales btw, so if you want to record those and upload, we can also check these for you
  • stungstung 2.0 PRO Posts: 46
    Excellent, I will post when I get a chance
  • PureBrainJuciePureBrainJucie Member Posts: 1
    Hey, this is very nice! You sound good, I wonder if you have a sample of before the 18 month of training. I just begun my journey so I've made sure to keep a recording of me now. he he :smile:
  • stungstung 2.0 PRO Posts: 46
    I did have but I deleted my old Smule account. I will have a look see if there are any I downloaded anywhere. I can tell you I was pretty rubbish. I basically have done the exercises pretty much 3 to 5 days a week depending upon when I drive into work etc... Probably spent about 6 to 8 months on 1 and 2 before going to level 3. I have only in the last two months started doing a bit of 4. May alternate between 3, 4, and 5 soon when 4 has done its job of growing head voice. Definitely plenty of penny drop moments, just need to keep doing the exercises and keep going through Ken's videos as you don't realise the significance of some things until you have tried for a while and then watch again for sure. I also practice singing on Smule (I always warm up first) - this gives me the motivation to continue (although everyone tells everyone they are amazing on there even if they clearly aren't - it is very polite and not really great for feedback but you can use your own ears and listen to your older stuff to hear progress.