Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

My cover of "Let It Be" by the Beatles

kworamkworam 3.0 Streaming Posts: 118
Hi fellow singers! I would be most grateful for any feedback on my performance

https://www.smule.com/recording/the-beatles-let-it-be/2943495289_4506046144?channel=Copy-Link

Comments

• Options
    DannyOc3anDannyOc3an 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 668
    Hello, nice tone I think it's correct for the song, however watch your pitch I can hear many pitchy notes going flat. Correct those and I think you will have most of the song complete! I suggest you to use a pitch tuner app and check each note you sing compared to the notes of the original vocals, line by line, so you can self regulate by taking some time to work it bit by bit B)
  • Options
    @DannyOc3an thanks for listening and giving me constructive criticism! You are right about pitch, I often go flat. I have downloaded "Tuner Lite" on my iPhone and I am using it to check my pitch now, line by line. I guess I need ear training as well as muscle training, so I can self regulate. Do you have any performances posted that I can return the favor and listen to?
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    @kworam for learning to hear pitch, the page tonedear.com is great. best to start with intervals and maybe just 3rd 5th and octave for the beginning. make sure to also read the instructions on the page
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    @Klaus_T. Thanks for another great tip, I will start working on tonedear!
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    great. it takes a bit of patience to get better with hearing pitch but it really does help in the long run.
  • Options
    It's a very important goal to me.