Home Vocal Health and Wellness
Options

Voice wears out quickly after falsetto even when not pushing it

I'm still slowly developing more proper technique and without falsetto I can sing for fairly long periods of time without strain, however with falsetto even when I don't push and keep it gentle it doesn't take long to get the classic build up of mucus/irritation.

Of course the main thing is probably still incorrect technique, however I'm also wondering could it be a lack of warming up enough or anything else? Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    are you warming up? it is likely tension and straining that produce the sensation you describe. it would be good to post a sample of your falsetto in order to tell you more
  • Options
    NoviceSingerNoviceSinger Member Posts: 3
    Klaus_T said:

are you warming up? it is likely tension and straining that produce the sensation you describe. it would be good to post a sample of your falsetto in order to tell you more

I do the vocal siren warm up for like 5-10 minutes, the only time I really sing is to record an original song and my vocal melodies are often very staccato. The only examples I have of my falsetto are in my tracks so I'm not sure if any processing on the vocal would mask technique. I used falsetto briefly in this song for example: https://youtu.be/rg9ZrPySpi0