Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Maybe I'm Amazed - Paul McCartney [Comment your feedback!]

What's up y'all! Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for what this program has given me: the ability to share the gift of live music with family and friends.

This cover is Maybe I'm Amazed by Paul McCartney. Feedback from ALL levels beginner to pro is welcome.

Pros, help me understand how I can have a more pleasant vocal tone throughout my range. For the last two weeks I have been focusing heavily on keeping the tongue down and allowing the soft palate and tongue to rise as I ascend into higher notes.

https://youtu.be/oM56Ko4QLs4

Comments

• Options
    michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 252
    @DannyOc3an
    @bentk
    @Wigs
    @LindseyBean
    @guychan
    @Terence
    @Vocality
    Looking forward to your feedback! Thank you as always!
  • Options
    TerenceTerence 3.0 Streaming Posts: 355
    It shows that you've been working on precise pitch, @michaelmusic . It also seems hitting the notes is no problem at all for you now, which is fantastic. When I first played the video, I wondered why you had raised the pitch of the original but then checked, and you hadn't. On the second listen, the wideness of how you sing "time" in the first phrase is perfect and pleasing. If that wideness were expanded, I probably wouldn't have thought you had raised the pitch of the song in the first place.

You mention tongue and soft palate but they seem to be in good order to my ear, hence your ease with the notes. When you settle on runs and style this song probably has to be kept on beat in performance but that wasn't the point of your demo, here.

Your demo had me listening to McCartney's version in the background while writing this. It struck me that he often added a little distortion to his high-pitched phrases, as he does in this one. I had never realized that distortion was one of his solutions to the wideness problem that comes along with the male voice in this higher range.

Happy Thanksgiving back to you!