Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Cover of "Let's Fall in Love For The Night" by Finneas

Heard this song for the first time on New Year's Eve and loved it! Please give me your honest feedback on my version.

https://www.smule.com/recording/finneas-let-s-fall-in-love-for-the-night-lets-fall-in-love/2943495289_4548084947?channel=Copy-Link

@michaelmusic @Klaus_T @Maarten @SingForSoup @RLV @Diego @Murbles @DannyOc3an, please lend me your perceptive ears.

Comments

• Options
    michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 252
    Nice tone. Sounded like Chris Martin. Focus on control, especially in head voice. I'd try singing a few cold-play songs because it sounds like you have a similar vocal range and vocal type. Chris Martin can be one of your influences at least at this stage and then you can go on to surpass his vocal ability.

Pitch can improve. Improve support. Head voice is breathy and I bet you have a break across the passagio. Continue practicing the fundamentals of breath support, open throat, etc. and rewatch Volume 2 videos to grasp and directly apply those concepts. Keep it up!
  • Options
    kworamkworam 3.0 Streaming Posts: 118
    @michaelmusic thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I agree that I was a little pitchy on some of the head voice notes, I'll work on that. I was making the head voice switch a bit more obvious because I think Finneas sings it that way and I liked how he sang it. I'll play with smoothing it out some more. I like Chris Martin's music. I sometimes don't like how sharply his head voice contrasts with his chest voice. Thanks again for listening!