Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Santeria

kworamkworam 3.0 Streaming Posts: 118
I've been busy tonight! Please let me know what you think of my version:

https://www.smule.com/recording/sublime-santeria/2943495289_4552638150?channel=Copy-Link

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    i love that song, since back in he 90s when it came out. you did a good job. you have a few little timing things that could be improved. even though i am not sure if they need to be corrected, they might be considered artistic freedom, and i just know the song so well that maybe they jump out at me more than they should. you really have these "throaty" bits down where he is pushing hard (pop a cap in sancho, run and hide, believe me when i say etc). for contrast, i think you could try to sing more into the mask for a brighter sound during the verses. sometimes it seems you are brushing over some of the consonants a bit too much, where the lyrics suffer a tiny bit. but yeah, in general a more than solid stab at a great song. well down!!!
  • Options
    kworamkworam 3.0 Streaming Posts: 118
    @Klaus_T Yeah, I love that song too! Sublime is funny and soulful and gutsy: great stuff! Thanks for your detailed feedback, I appreciate it. I see what you mean about brushing over consonants. This song sits right in the middle of my passagio, so I am concentrating on the relaxation response in my jaw and tongue. Maybe a bit too relaxed sometimes. :)

Thanks for the idea about the mask and a brighter sound during the verses, I'll try that out. Thanks again!