Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Constructive Critique

TenorNoteTenorNote 2.0 PRO Posts: 11
Hey guys, I scheduled a Valentine's Day Photo Montage Video to post February 14th on YouTube with me covering Donny Hathaway's "You Were Meant For Me" acapella. I am seeking some feedback on breath support, enunciation, vowel modification, posting vocal videos on YouTube, etc. Oh, and by the way, Happy Valentine's Day 2023!

Comments

• TerenceTerence 3.0 Streaming Posts: 346
    The link didn't open the first time, then seemed to work and said, "video unavailable."
  • TenorNoteTenorNote 2.0 PRO Posts: 11
    edited February 2023
    I apologize about that. Please try it again.
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    it works now. thanks! if you talk about technical feedback, it is better to submit the famous two LAH scales (bridge and stretch). we can hear the techniques in isolation and without thinking of something as a stylistic choice (like breathy voice can be on purpose but is not desirable in LAH scales). also we have a pitch reference for the scales (if you record the playback as is suggested for LAH scales)

having said that, it sounds good, maybe a tiny bit breathy, but as i said, maybe you wanted that. nice sound and the long notes work well. there is the word come or overcome where i think you overemphasize the M, try to only touch the consonant a tiny bit vs. resting on it.

• TenorNoteTenorNote 2.0 PRO Posts: 11
    I understand and I appreciate your feedback. I will submit the two LAH scales I have been working on so that you can hear the techniques in isolation. Thank you so much for your constructive critique.