Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

To Make You Feel My Love - Acoustic Cover [Michael Hill]

michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 252
I am continuing to work on finding my original and unique sound with a pleasant tone and solid pitch. In this video I cover To Make you Feel My Love by Bob Dylan.

https://youtu.be/xt4MqCS6NbI

This last week I've been focusing really hard on having that same consistent LAH AH feeling in the back of the throat, especially as I get to higher notes and through the passagio. I noticed I have had a tendency to raise my larynx and sound like I'm straining, so I hope to improve my tone and pitch with this. I feel my vowel placements have been wider than they should. Really been struggling with placing vowels correctly.

Looking forward to all types of feedback. Thank you!
@DannyOc3an
@bentk
@Wigs
@LindseyBean
@guychan
@Terence
@Vocality
@Maarten
@kworam

Comments

• Options
    kworamkworam 3.0 Streaming Posts: 118
    @michaelmusic You picked a beautiful song and you sang it very well. I listened to it twice and enjoyed it. Just a couple of things: your tone sounded a bit strained on one or two of the highest notes in the song, I think you can smooth that out with a little more practice. And maybe my last thing would cure the first thing: I find that I definitely don't sing my best when I am seated and/or leaning over. I advise that you perform standing up observing Ken's posture tips. He says you lose up to 30% of your support while seated and even more if you are not aligned vertically. You could easily make big gains in your singing by standing up and aligning vertically when you perform.
  • Options
    VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
    @michaelmusic I agree with @kworam its was beautifully sung and would be interested to hear you do the song standing up just hear the difference. Very nice job though like that song very much!!
  • Options
    RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
    @michaelmusic Try relaxing and letting your jaw drop to get better resonance. While you sound pleasant; you also sound a bit thin. Overall, nice job!