Please give some feedback.
gil_newsom
Enrolled Posts: 5
I'm Gil
Was a performer in my younger days and looking to find a path for improvement.
Any feedback is cool with me.
https://youtu.be/P8Bu0f0e5FY
https://youtu.be/t86fGWCo6Tg
Was a performer in my younger days and looking to find a path for improvement.
Any feedback is cool with me.
https://youtu.be/P8Bu0f0e5FY
https://youtu.be/t86fGWCo6Tg Comments
-
Baby I'm a fool. This is awesome, Gil. Just keep being you and doing what you do. Nice sustained notes, I like your tone, and the feel. Do more of what you are doing. It's such a nice style.
On Turn Me On, I think you could add a little air, just simply because of the style of that song. It's not often that we recommend adding air. A little air for style can be a good thing, if used sparingly. With that said, you nailed it.
If you aren't presently out performing, you need to get your self out there and start singing for the people. Now. Time is wasting. Keep honing your skills and your craft, but a lot of that happens "out there" in the elements.
The reason I say this is because, in my experience with bands, you can practice and practice as a group, but nothing makes that magic improvement like going onstage and doing show after show, going through song after song. You just get better in ways that practicing alone or in a rehearsal room cannot accommodate. Granted, if you don't do your homework first and go sing and play live without having your act together, you will come across as amateur. But going out live and baking-in all of the muscle-memory training that you have gotten from your KTVA lessons and drills happens best when you do it in front of a crowd of strangers. First, learn what you need to learn. Then go out and bake it in. And then do that some more, and you'll just get better.
And you're ready to do that. Keep practicing, but start playing/performing again. -
That's super encouraging. Thank you. I'll be working on those suggestions.
Don't have a problem with performing in front of people. Theatre is my background. It's the line up of songs and making sure I don't forget the words. Can't carry a monitor around with me can I?
-
I think that enunciation wouldve definitely helped the emotional impact of the first song. Now im only a couple years into singing and I am more of a singer songwriter type so I like to focus on the story telling element of songs. That being said, I could very well be biased. Youve got a beautiful voice though, keep going! Get out there and dont let any excuse hold you back. John Lennon forgot the words to some of his songs before but he got through it by singing gibberish
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
