Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
Options

Can I have some feedback...

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    nice rendition!
  • Options
    Paulv5Paulv5 Member Posts: 35
    @Klaus_T thank you🙂🙂.
    Was my singing fine?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    yeah it was good. as with even the most experienced singer, there is some room to grow, no one is ever perfect when it comes to learning an instrument. are you doing regular exercises like Ken's? if you do some kind of LAH exercise like the one Ken teaches, it is always a good idea to post a scale or two for evaluation. the reason ist that it is much easier to give exact pointers on where to improve with these neutral scales, because we know what they should ideally sound like, and could tell you what the difference is and how to improve. in a song, anything might be a stylistic choice, and the quick succession of vowels and consonants make it much harder to get a good picture of your technique. have you heard of this concept before? you can see the LAH scale as a benchmark test. let me know if you need some further info on this
  • Options
    @Klaus_T yes I have heard it ..Ive been doing the LAH exercise,it's the one that really help me developed my voice because before finding Ken I cannot sing like this ...Ok I will record doing the LAH exercise..thank you so much for your information and review 😇👍
  • Options
    sure no worries. you can tag me @Klaus_T once you post the scale. glad to hear the exercises work for you. you can check out my profile page for some ideas on how to structure a workout around Ken's free material on YT
  • Options
    michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 252
    Thanks for sharing this video. You can improve with the following:
    1. Pitch: Download a tuning app. I created a video on my favorite to use here: https://youtu.be/JloWmIoKeUw. Play a note and then try singing that pitch comfortably.
    2. Tone: Practice singing that bright LAH AH sound. Build strength in the voice doing 1hr of vocal exercises daily.
    3. Breath support: Breath more. Make sure there's gas in the tank when singing.
    4. Cord closure: You are blowing more air than needed through the vocal cords. Practice Volume 1 and Volume 2 daily will help to sing without being as breathy. Eventually you can learn how to be more breathy if you want to.
    5. Pronunciation: Improve how you annunciate vowels. Repetatedly doing the exercises for AH AA EE OH and OO will help with this.
    Great job! Thanks for posting. You have lots of potential and by having awareness when practicing and trying to improve a little bit each time you WILL get better and better.
  • Options

Thanks for sharing this video. You can improve with the following:

1. Pitch: Download a tuning app. I created a video on my favorite to use here: https://youtu.be/JloWmIoKeUw. Play a note and then try singing that pitch comfortably.
    2. Tone: Practice singing that bright LAH AH sound. Build strength in the voice doing 1hr of vocal exercises daily.
    3. Breath support: Breath more. Make sure there's gas in the tank when singing.
    4. Cord closure: You are blowing more air than needed through the vocal cords. Practice Volume 1 and Volume 2 daily will help to sing without being as breathy. Eventually you can learn how to be more breathy if you want to.
    5. Pronunciation: Improve how you annunciate vowels. Repetatedly doing the exercises for AH AA EE OH and OO will help with this.
    Great job! Thanks for posting. You have lots of potential and by having awareness when practicing and trying to improve a little bit each time you WILL get better and better.
    Thank you for your feedback...I'll keep these in mind 😇👍👍
  • Options
    @Klaus_T
    https://youtu.be/4JBabATqDU8

Here is my video doing the Lah ahh exercise

The last part is really unstable but its too much work to take it out 😁
  • Options
    ok thanks for tagging me. i it is not the full scale though, is it? ideally, record with a pitch reference (Ken or the piano). some pitch glitches at the top i believe. sounds like support is working for you. brightness is good but it sounds it could even be a bit brighter still, and you could smile more into the sound. you can now look into vowel modifications, there are some good free videos. you are modifying (going to a different shape at the top), but look into all the stuff that Ken says and you will see there are lots of details you can work on in this regard. of course, not all of this is covered in the free parts, but you will find some good info for free as well.

in general, a good effort!
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @Klaus_T ok thank you for your feedback and for pointing me in a right direction...I will keep in mind next time to add more smile...yeah the brighter it is the more easier the high notes are..thank you I will try my best ,👍👍..

Just a quick question though ,I never really bothered with it but I just want to know what is my vocal type really, I know it's not the range but it's how we used the voice that matters but I just want to know 😇
  • Options
    sorry i don't know how to class vocal types and it is not really relevant for the course, so i never looked into it.
  • Options
    Klaus_T said:

sorry i don't know how to class vocal types and it is not really relevant for the course, so i never looked into it.

Hehe ok no worries 👍👍