Long Road - LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK
michaelmusic
2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 296
Hello Everyone! As some of you know, I have posted somewhat consistently in the KTVA Forums since starting the program a year and a half ago.
I've started writing original music and I performed at the OC Fair in Orange County, CA this past weekend. I want to develop myself as a solo artist similar to Lewis Capaldi, Dermot Kennedy, and James Bay.
Please check out this original and provide all feedback! Examples include: voice (pitch, tone, vibrato, etc.), song (format, structure).
Looking forward to your feedback.
https://youtu.be/HGdlTFJj-Aw
@DannyOc3an
@bentk
@Wigs
@LindseyBean
@guychan
@Terence
@Vocality
@Maarten
@kworam
I've started writing original music and I performed at the OC Fair in Orange County, CA this past weekend. I want to develop myself as a solo artist similar to Lewis Capaldi, Dermot Kennedy, and James Bay.
Please check out this original and provide all feedback! Examples include: voice (pitch, tone, vibrato, etc.), song (format, structure).
Looking forward to your feedback.
https://youtu.be/HGdlTFJj-Aw@DannyOc3an
@bentk
@Wigs
@LindseyBean
@guychan
@Terence
@Vocality
@Maarten
@kworam
Comments
-
Well that's a really nice song and performace man! great break/solo with the looper also. very nice done. You're really seriously working on your carrier I can see. Only your high notes needs more attention. some sounds you'r out of breath and not totally in pitch. but overall very good!
-
Yes I am @Maarten and I appreciate your feedback. Definitely, I struggle with how to sing high notes well! I am looking for specific tips on how to improve my high notes. So far I think I need to use more of a support strong head voice sound when reaching higher notes. I think I attempt to pull too much chest voice up and it sounds harsh to the ear. @Wigs any thoughts?
-
You've made great strides from your earlier posts and being a live set gives extra points! Every single fundamental aspect of the course becomes really important in the chesty mix upper range. I think your self assessment is spot on, dialling back the chest voice by 20% on the high notes won't change the tone too much but will give you better control of it. Remember to mod the vowel and start with a more open position before easing into sounds like ee and ih, and keep it contiguous.
You sound like a singer and musician now, congrats on getting to this stage of your career!
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

