What happened to my voice? Help me please
seachill
Member Posts: 23
Comments
-
After 4 months of rehearsing, I reached Bb and started singing into the high pitch. I don't know if the high pitch is ruining the sound when pressed too hard. or sing repeatedly for a long time
-
it's hard to say. did you do the course properly? and if so, which course? you don't seem to have student's access.
if you think something is wrong you should see an ENT. the sample you recorded is too short and does not really give a full image of what is going on. can you sing a scale? what where you trying to sound like when you recorded the sample? it is not that hard to manufacture that sound i hear on your sample, but if you say it wasn't on purpose? is it the only sound that you can do now? again, it is hard to know what is going on for us
the course has a layout that avoids vocal damage if you follow it correctly, which you can make sure by submitting samples here regularily. you have 4 posts total including these two above here, so you apparently did not get a lot of feedback from the forum. -
Thanks for the answer and suggestion, I'm using my friend's ktva so I don't have student access. But I scaled every day la aa e i o u after that I started hitting high notes in many songs. The next day the Falsetto was gone. It was so bad I could use the chest voice but I couldn't use the Falsetto at all :'(
-
your safest bet is to check with an ENT to make sure there is no organic damage (don't panic, i don't think this is very likely). do you have any recordings of the scales before the incident? we could then tell if you sang too loud or something
-
thanks for your answer But I didn't save it when I did scale. Thanks for the answer.
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
