Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

What happened to my voice? Help me please

https://on.soundcloud.com/TEoJU

After 4 months of KTVA training, my Falsetto sound disappeared.

Comments

• Options
    seachillseachill Member Posts: 23
    After 4 months of rehearsing, I reached Bb and started singing into the high pitch. I don't know if the high pitch is ruining the sound when pressed too hard. or sing repeatedly for a long time
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    it's hard to say. did you do the course properly? and if so, which course? you don't seem to have student's access.

if you think something is wrong you should see an ENT. the sample you recorded is too short and does not really give a full image of what is going on. can you sing a scale? what where you trying to sound like when you recorded the sample? it is not that hard to manufacture that sound i hear on your sample, but if you say it wasn't on purpose? is it the only sound that you can do now? again, it is hard to know what is going on for us

the course has a layout that avoids vocal damage if you follow it correctly, which you can make sure by submitting samples here regularily. you have 4 posts total including these two above here, so you apparently did not get a lot of feedback from the forum.
  • Options
    Thanks for the answer and suggestion, I'm using my friend's ktva so I don't have student access. But I scaled every day la aa e i o u after that I started hitting high notes in many songs. The next day the Falsetto was gone. It was so bad I could use the chest voice but I couldn't use the Falsetto at all :'(
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    your safest bet is to check with an ENT to make sure there is no organic damage (don't panic, i don't think this is very likely). do you have any recordings of the scales before the incident? we could then tell if you sang too loud or something
  • Options
    thanks for your answer But I didn't save it when I did scale. Thanks for the answer.