Squeeze the diaphragm, It's good?
FernandoS
Member Posts: 2
Hi, I was wondering if clenching the stomach is something correct and safe to do, cause I heard that doing so can cause issues and tension in the throat.
In my long years of singing, I always had the tendency to gently clench my stomach almost involuntarily to hold notes or get very high notes with my chest or mixed and never got a problem with it. Also I would like to clarify that I don't feel like I'm pushing by doing cause is almost unconsciously and very gentle pressure.
In my long years of singing, I always had the tendency to gently clench my stomach almost involuntarily to hold notes or get very high notes with my chest or mixed and never got a problem with it. Also I would like to clarify that I don't feel like I'm pushing by doing cause is almost unconsciously and very gentle pressure.
Comments
-
That sound like how we learn to use support in KTVA so Id say you're on the right track.
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
