How to combat second hand smoke?
rickhodge88
STREAMING PRO Posts: 16
Hi guys, I have a concern. For the last several years my band has only been playing either outdoor gigs or places that don't allow smoking. We have a gig coming up at a private club that does allow it and now I'm kinda concerned that the smoke in the venue will hurt my voice. Are there any supplements that will help offset the negative effect that smoke has on my voice? It's a 4 set gig so I'm worried that I'll lose my voice early on and then struggle for the rest of the night.
Answers
-
Well this was a while ago.
I am not a medic an thus I don't make any health recommendations
However, I heard a medic on a news report saying gluthathyone (however you spell that) can help with lung damage cause by smoking; and it seems like gluthathyone is also good for vocal chords rehab in general, from what Ken said on a youtube video, and he works with ENT doctors for voice rehab so I think he knows his stuff.
So you could take a look into that, investigate and ask a medic.
Gluthathyone is a suplement, but it can also be found naturally in some foods, like avocado. Eating avocado by itself I guess isn't dangerous in general. I don't know if the absortion or stuff would work the same as with a supplement. Guess so.
This one recommendation actually: It is always better to avoid smoke, first or second hand.
Idk all the ways it affects the body, but it is always better to not cause the damage in first place than to try to repair it, I guess that is my common sense. Hope you find ways to say away from it and/or to protect from it, or reduce the damage.
Blessings and great singing!
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
