Musical theatre and gig singer
bluwhizqy
3.0 Streaming Posts: 3
Hi everyone,
My name is Colin and I’m a pro performer from the UK. I’m here because although i sing professionally I still feel very disheartened a lot as I know I’m nowhere near my full potential.
I have performed on cruise ships, no1 musicals etc. I also perform, on average, twice a week, 3x45 min sets in clubs, pubs and hotels. (I don’t usually call it sets as it’s more of a show I do)
But my sets are my “rent” money when I’m not on a show.
I really haven’t trained to the level I perform at and it’s now starting to show. Honestly, I’m surprised I haven’t ruined my voice yet. My voice gets tired and “hoarse” but I tend to push through. It takes me about 2 days to recover. But I do have some training. That’s why I probably get through tbh.
I also tend to focus more on being an entertainer-comedy anctor, even though I have a good voice. This is really due to the fact I know I’m not always using it correctly. Especially when I go high. Confidence is a problem.
I really just need guidance. When I’m on shows I get some good information from Musical directors. But its information that’s all over the place. It’s also contrasting from MD to MD.
I’ve pretty much always worked. But it’s time I got serious about looking after and progressing forward to becoming a great singer.
Ken I really need you help.
I am going to be purchasing your course. I was going to do it today. Unfortunately, I got asked through my agent to go to an audition in London at the end of the month, at 6pm. So I need to wait for final confirmation to buy a flight 🤦♂️ Anything else this would take priority. It’s the most important thing to me right.
But I will be getting on it.
Anyway I thought I should engage in here and tell
A little bit of story to get me going.
Anyone else in a similar situation to me?
Colin
My name is Colin and I’m a pro performer from the UK. I’m here because although i sing professionally I still feel very disheartened a lot as I know I’m nowhere near my full potential.
I have performed on cruise ships, no1 musicals etc. I also perform, on average, twice a week, 3x45 min sets in clubs, pubs and hotels. (I don’t usually call it sets as it’s more of a show I do)
But my sets are my “rent” money when I’m not on a show.
I really haven’t trained to the level I perform at and it’s now starting to show. Honestly, I’m surprised I haven’t ruined my voice yet. My voice gets tired and “hoarse” but I tend to push through. It takes me about 2 days to recover. But I do have some training. That’s why I probably get through tbh.
I also tend to focus more on being an entertainer-comedy anctor, even though I have a good voice. This is really due to the fact I know I’m not always using it correctly. Especially when I go high. Confidence is a problem.
I really just need guidance. When I’m on shows I get some good information from Musical directors. But its information that’s all over the place. It’s also contrasting from MD to MD.
I’ve pretty much always worked. But it’s time I got serious about looking after and progressing forward to becoming a great singer.
Ken I really need you help.
I am going to be purchasing your course. I was going to do it today. Unfortunately, I got asked through my agent to go to an audition in London at the end of the month, at 6pm. So I need to wait for final confirmation to buy a flight 🤦♂️ Anything else this would take priority. It’s the most important thing to me right.
But I will be getting on it.
Anyway I thought I should engage in here and tell
A little bit of story to get me going.
Anyone else in a similar situation to me?
Colin
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy