Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
Options

Please give me some feedback.

Comments

• Options
    moudeavenhuismoudeavenhuis 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
    edited August 2023
    My name is Michel oude Avenhuis, live in the netherlands.I started the course in februari, In december I had a stroke, so I thought if I've to learn how to walk again,I might as well learn how to sing correct this time. Now a couple of months later and doing a lot of excersises still volume 1. But I think I'm getting there, no hurry.
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    edited August 2023
    hi, great that you have a positive outlook! sounds really good, a lot of things you already do right. sounds like you learned a lot of things correctly the last time around. sounding quite professional :) you have a great platform which the course will help you build on. if you wanted more specific technical advice, scales are the best way for us to gauge your technique (because there aren't any stylistic freedoms in them, for example, and we know how they should sound ideally). in this recording, and in case you wanted any specific feedback, other that what i already said that you sound really good, the only criticism in my personal opinion is that on some notes you sound a bit froggy, which might be you did it on purpose for effect, or not. but this is just because i was looking for something to criticize :) technically it might be that your throat closes down there a bit, in which case the course would take care of this relatively quickly
  • Options
    michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 252
    Thanks for sharing the recording! Some solid progress. I'd focus on improving my vowel placement consistency. You want to make sure you feel that same feeling in the throat for LAH AH and all other vowels when you are singing as well. Continue practicing the exercises with intentional practice. Meaning record yourself, get feed back from others. Make sure you are doing those perfectly. Do them daily. What I suspect is happening a bit is you may be good with the exercises but the fundamentals are falling apart a bit when singing songs.
    One revelation I had was that the placement in the throat should feel the same for every note. That takes time especially when we are moving between notes quickly.