Home Vocal Health and Wellness
Options

Laryngitis

Hello everyone. I perused the discussion archives and just curious if anyone has had a bout with laryngitis and still having problems after 3 months. I had my first ever lose of voice first of May and completely lost my voice not due to singing. After a few days it started returning, but 3 months now and I've been vocal practicing again, but anything above mid range is breaking apart. I had an ENT scope and everything is good with my vocal cords. Anyone else experienced anything like this? And any natural treatments you have used. I'm wanting to get back at it....

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    sorry to hear this. if there is no inflammation, start light. do some of the KTVA exercises lightly. i had good results with this straw-in-a-cup-of-water method when i had some kind of problem with my voice earlier this year. you can do the scales to make bubbles in the water. google it, it massages the cords.

turmeric, ginger, aloe vera, good hydration (i.e. drink plenty of water). it might also be psychological in that you tense up more because you think you lost your voice so maybe do some relaxation stuff first too.

be gentle and don't push yourself, trust that it will come back. and be 100% sure there is no inflammation!!!