Sore lower back, sciatica maybe?
bluwhizqy
3.0 Streaming Posts: 3
Hi Everyone,
So I’ve been concentrating on my diaphragm and the different parts. I’ve been a pro singer for many year and I got a couple of times a week anything from 2-4 hours.
I’ve recently been really working on removing tension, on high notes, in my upper body.
I’m fine for upto 2.5 hours. When I hit the over that my lower back gets excruciatingly sore. It feels like sciatica.
I really struggle to get through the show.
Has anyone got any experience of this?
Can anyone provide advice on how to stop this happening? Am I technically doing something wrong?
So I’ve been concentrating on my diaphragm and the different parts. I’ve been a pro singer for many year and I got a couple of times a week anything from 2-4 hours.
I’ve recently been really working on removing tension, on high notes, in my upper body.
I’m fine for upto 2.5 hours. When I hit the over that my lower back gets excruciatingly sore. It feels like sciatica.
I really struggle to get through the show.
Has anyone got any experience of this?
Can anyone provide advice on how to stop this happening? Am I technically doing something wrong?
Comments
-
i never heard of this in the context of singing, and if you are fine for up to 2,5 hrs i would say it is maybe more something that has to do with muscles getting tired vs. a medical condition (although, if you are worried, seek medical advice to be sure). if it is not a medical condition, i would suggest training the area with back exercises, core exercises, yoga, pilates etc. start slow and short and increase training volume over time. hope this helps
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
