Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Vocality - Gordon Lightfoot If You Could Read My Mind Cover

Firstly like to tag @Ken Tamplin @highmtn @doc_ramadani @Wigs @DannyOc3an @mysti @HuduVudu @DogMeat @bentk @NickW @RandyB @shining @Chris82 @LumiMoon @Rick_amateur @heidianita @jmstanle @Elara @sjonrokz4u @Klaus_T @d1g2w3 @Diego @LoneWolfRogue @cwcw @sagemacg @Sina anyone else like to feedback.

Decided to post this Beautiful song from Gordon Lightfoot who sadly passed away recently. Now been doing the KTVA course for just over 5 years working constantly to improve. Feedback is welcome always looking to improve and hope you all are doing well!!

https://youtu.be/AaIR1fBvDDg

George

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hi George, nice to hear from you, and good to hear you are still on it! good work, your tone has improved a lot. your pitch is still a bit off here and there. are you still doing something like the better pitch exercises regularly?

best wishes, Klaus
  • Options
    VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
    edited September 2023
    Hey @Klaus_T

Still doing the execises on vol2 at the moment, done quite a few takes prior and fatigue may have played a part. Not currently doing the better pitch exercises at the moment. Did notice after posting off enough to notice slightly.

Kinda annoyed wanted a polished performance which was unfortunate.

George

• Options
    MystiMysti 2.0 PRO Posts: 339
    Hi, George @Vocality

Love the song you picked. I echo the comments from Klaus. I absolutely love your tone! Still love your vibrato too. Just need to nail the pitch down. It is great hearing how much your voice has improved.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Hey @Mysti

Thanks for listening went back to the better pitch exercises @Klaus_T recommended and continue with ear training and other pitch exercises. Its great you hear alot progress and no doubt will get it down. When I listened the next day could hear the parts was slightly off.

Many thanks for listening and feeding back.

George

• Options
    Like to add a little to this post revisited the song checked can't believe started off this on the wrong key few steps lower than it should have been, no excuses messed up and it's all apparent to see. Gonna correct this make sure its rock solid!!! :D
  • Options
    Dewy69Dewy69 3.0 Streaming Posts: 35
    Yeah, you have a good tone for sure. I think that is harder than pitch...in my case. But as you have noted now as well, your pitch is where the work is needed.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    @Dewy69

Thanks for listening my voice has grown with all the regular training and practice over the years. Confident to get this song down with a bit practice the song deserves. Underestimated the difficulty of the song, sang it again and it did sound much better but want to spend a bit longer on it!.
  • Options
    RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
    Good to hear you’re still singing, George. The two major things I can hear that will strengthen your singing are better breath control and pitch. Perhaps to help with pitch, you could sing over the original vocal track and try to match it. As far as breath support, ensuring you’re taking a big enough breath and holding it—like you’re underwater, as Ken explains it—will help. Additionally, don’t get lazy with your diaphragm. Hold support until the end of the phrase before relaxing and taking the next breath. Keep at it!
  • Options
    @RandyB

Good to hear from you again hope your doing well, many thanks for your input take both points on board will focus on breath part its too easy to get lazy where support is concerned. pitch app on the isolated vocals from the backing showed where I went wrong but i did notice after listening back pitch was not right at the start. Will reinforce concentration on breath control and support.

Getting alot good feedback about my singing in general from many different people must be getting there now!!!