Range - can I get it back?
Joshua
Member, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 115
When I was working with Ken, he brought me up to an F#5, we may have got to an A5.
Well, anyways, after that time I eventually got a C6. I'm working the program, 2-3 times a week of doing chest twice, and head once. (I never did that before btw). Sometimes I'm able to ascend to an G5...most times I can't really nail the F#5. I usually can only do the E5 clean and sometimes the F5 clean.
I feel the pressure - I know the issue is not really range but rather relaxing into the higher pitches, but I can't seem to remember how to do it. I just feel that pressure come in and I can't get release it.
Did I lose the range or will this come back?
Well, anyways, after that time I eventually got a C6. I'm working the program, 2-3 times a week of doing chest twice, and head once. (I never did that before btw). Sometimes I'm able to ascend to an G5...most times I can't really nail the F#5. I usually can only do the E5 clean and sometimes the F5 clean.
I feel the pressure - I know the issue is not really range but rather relaxing into the higher pitches, but I can't seem to remember how to do it. I just feel that pressure come in and I can't get release it.
Did I lose the range or will this come back?
Comments
-
I asked Ken a similar question on a recent webinar. @Joshua is asking about recovering a previous hard-won C6 and my question was how to extend from from F#5 upwards. Ken said the key was to get very comfortable in head voice with the tract-shaping ooh-oh-ah-aye-ee's around E5 and that would start to free uppermost head-voice.
That's been working and I'm starting to regularly touch on G#5. But it is hard and slow work. This is as a baritone who could never get that high before. If you're recovering previous range the same technique would probably go more quickly. I know for sure it's not an age limitation in your case @Joshua
Would be keen to hear other thoughts on extending upper limits of head voice. -
Thank you @Terence
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
