Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Introducing myself

LizRoseLizRose Member, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 10
Hello everyone my name is Liz. I am 66 years old and sing (or at least) try to sing a variety of music. I have recorded a 4 record album titled HERE with a music video on YouTube and my search name is Liz Rose Cantara BECAUSE Liz Rose (Taylor swifts writer- one of) uses the name already. I joined this platform to build my aging voice! You can find me on all streaming platforms and my website lizroseenjoy.com. I am luzroseenjoy66 member here at KTVA. I am also currently in a classic rock h band C-Rock and will be submitting my performances here to the forum for any suggestions ANYONE MAY HAVE. As Ken would say ~ to our singing!

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hi Liz, welcome to the forum and course. as i heard in your other post, you are already quite advanced. curious to hear more from you in the future. you will get the most out of this course by using this forum for additional information, and to make sure you get the exercises right (you can submit your scales for review here, for example).

if you have any questions, feel free to ask, there are lots of helpful people here who are happy to help!
  • Options
    I will submit my scales as well. Yes I’ve been at this for quite a long time HOWEVER never too old or advanced to learn. I am eager to learn more about how to care for my voice and grow it despite my age (which we know factors into our performance). Thank you for responding
  • Options
    CLM68CLM68 3.0 Streaming Posts: 3
    Hi my name is Christie and I’m 55 years old I’ve been listening to basically the free content since April ,I’ve signed on to the KTVA course recently . Im a little intimidated by the forum …need to navigate my way around . 😊 I realized a little late in life how much music has actually meant to me I listen to all genres of music . Im looking forward to learning and seeing just how far this woman can go . One is never too old to learn …
  • Options
    Hi Christie! I’m walking your same shoes woman, a bit older, HOWEVER I believe with proper training there is no stopping growth! Let’s do this
  • Options
    TerenceTerence 3.0 Streaming Posts: 355
    CLM68 said:

Hi my name is Christie and I’m 55 years old I’ve been listening to basically the free content since April ,I’ve signed on to the KTVA course recently . Im a little intimidated by the forum …need to navigate my way around . 😊 I realized a little late in life how much music has actually meant to me I listen to all genres of music . Im looking forward to learning and seeing just how far this woman can go . One is never too old to learn …

Welcome, and to @LizRose too. Yes, the forum is pretty vast but a pillar of the course and sometimes a lifeline.

Hit the Categories button at the top and the view is more digestible. After you've gone through the course glossary it's easier to search for what you need. I like to read the forum on rest days. There are plenty of full-length lessons here, as well, and much to learn from others.

• Options
    @Terence thank you for the tip here! There is so much to absorb here I’m still in diaphragmatic breathing and trying to master that 😅