Chest Voice Burnout - tips/exercises to increase stamina
MarkHMusic
2.0 PRO Posts: 46
I've noticed specifically when singing rock songs that require a bit more "belting" and pressure in the sound that my chest voice is just burning out quicker than I would hope. This specifically happens when songs are right around the G4. It's a note that is easy for me to hit in chest voice but take, "Hate Myself For Loving You" by Joan Jett for example... it sits right around the G4 most of the song. By the end of the song my chest voice is already pretty burnt out... Maybe not if I were to sing it early in a set but after about 10 songs or so it gets really tiresome.
So I'm looking for advice, tips, exercises to build this specific area... The song I mentioned calls for that more belted rock voice so a mixed note just sounds kind of wimpy in that case. OR are there any tips for using a more chest dominant mix voice in that area so the voice doesn't get tired so quickly?
So I'm looking for advice, tips, exercises to build this specific area... The song I mentioned calls for that more belted rock voice so a mixed note just sounds kind of wimpy in that case. OR are there any tips for using a more chest dominant mix voice in that area so the voice doesn't get tired so quickly?
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy