Hello! Amateur pianist / karaoke fan looking to take voice more seriously
schmalex
Member Posts: 4
Hello! I am a 38-year-old amateur pianist (and beginner guitarist) and a big karaoke fan, and I just joined the KTVA program with hopes of taking my singing more seriously and developing my ability to sing while playing piano / guitar. I have taken roughly 1 year of singing lessons while I was back in high school (almost 20 years ago now) and 1 year of more current singing lessons with my former piano teacher. I am currently only taking guitar lessons, though singing / ear / interval training is included as part of those lessons. I look forward to the more systematic approach of the KTVA.
Most of my vocal "training" comes from performing a lot of karaoke with my wife, though I'm sure I developed bad habits from that that I'll need to work through.
This is a recording of me performing piano on / singing "Your Song" by Elton John for an online piano recital I participated in this past January 2023: https://recitals.pianoworld.com/recital_files/Pop_Music_after_1960_Themed_Recital/14.%20Schmalex%20-%20Your%20Song.mp3
I don't have a more recent recording, but I will update if I have time to make a better recording this week. I am playing piano during this recording, so my vocals feel a bit "weak" due to my concentration on the piano.
Most of my vocal "training" comes from performing a lot of karaoke with my wife, though I'm sure I developed bad habits from that that I'll need to work through.
This is a recording of me performing piano on / singing "Your Song" by Elton John for an online piano recital I participated in this past January 2023: https://recitals.pianoworld.com/recital_files/Pop_Music_after_1960_Themed_Recital/14.%20Schmalex%20-%20Your%20Song.mp3
I don't have a more recent recording, but I will update if I have time to make a better recording this week. I am playing piano during this recording, so my vocals feel a bit "weak" due to my concentration on the piano.
Comments
-
Welcome to the forum
So cool to hear your song
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy