Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

What is your passaggio flip note?

I’m curious to know what your segundo passaggio flip note/notes is/are? For clarity, I’m looking for your note or notes between chest voice and head where your voice tends to flip back and forth between chest and head voice.
As a baritone, my flip notes are E4, F4, and F#4. If I had to just pick one, it would be F#4. As I warm up, the first 2 notes are not a problem to sing. But still today, after 4 years of dedicated singing, I have to be mindful of the F#4.

Could you submit here your flip note including voice type and note? Example: Baritone- F#4

Thanks, Bill

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    if by flip you mean the yodel/speed bump, then you need to lower the volume at which you sing the scale ("only sing as loud as you can connect"), and then the yodel should not be there.

• Options
    TerenceTerence 3.0 Streaming Posts: 355
    Fitz said:

Could you submit here your flip note including voice type and note? Example Baritone- F#4
    l

Baritone, my vowels start to modify at C#4 (1st passage) and HAVE to be in a mix past G#4, sometimes A4. But if starting to mix at F4 or F#4 things go much smoother.

• Options
    INFJINFJ 2.0 PRO Posts: 95
    Mid tenor.
    Somewhere between A4 and Bb4 it starts to want to shift. It's possible to belt Bb4 in pure unmitigated chest voice. Not the B4.

• Options
    JcbJcb Member Posts: 16
    Mine are f2 (subharmonic to chest voice) c#5 (chest to head) and h6 (Head to whistle. But I don't use it that much)