Do you naturally sound like anyone that has already made a career out of their voice?
JFronck
Member, 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 16
Ok,
I know we all start out singing our favorite songs as kids and try and emulate our idols. I am 57. I sound like Elvis. I liked some of his songs growing up, but he was before my time. Then I saw the 1968 comeback special. I was born in 1967, so this show did not cross my path until the 70's. Then, I saw Aloha from Hawaii. Elvis was mesmerizing to me. I was in the chorus in our school and was even picked for the statewide chorus. I was thrown out for repeatedly trying to sound like Elvis. Hey, I wanted to sound like the coolest cat I had heard. Now, I have just had a heart transplant. It has been less than a year since my hospital escape er ah mean release. I have been singing Elvis for so many years, I do not know if I have my voice. I have a habit of singing the way I hear a song. I am going to just accept the fact I sound like Elvis and just get better at singing period.
The question is, if this is happening to you, who do you sound like and where do you find your voice???
I know we all start out singing our favorite songs as kids and try and emulate our idols. I am 57. I sound like Elvis. I liked some of his songs growing up, but he was before my time. Then I saw the 1968 comeback special. I was born in 1967, so this show did not cross my path until the 70's. Then, I saw Aloha from Hawaii. Elvis was mesmerizing to me. I was in the chorus in our school and was even picked for the statewide chorus. I was thrown out for repeatedly trying to sound like Elvis. Hey, I wanted to sound like the coolest cat I had heard. Now, I have just had a heart transplant. It has been less than a year since my hospital escape er ah mean release. I have been singing Elvis for so many years, I do not know if I have my voice. I have a habit of singing the way I hear a song. I am going to just accept the fact I sound like Elvis and just get better at singing period.
The question is, if this is happening to you, who do you sound like and where do you find your voice???
Best Answers
-
It helps if you write your songs. How about pretending you're an impersonator and trying to imitate someone else you admire? Sinatra? ? You would prove to yourself that you can, in fact, sound like someone other than Elvis, not that there's anything wrong with sounding like him.
-
https://m.starmakerstudios.com/d/playrecording?app=sm&from_sid=100016476489&is_convert=true&pg_rf_ca_vn=324&recordingId=1688849913334598&share_type=copyLink
Here's my Latest Cover of that's Alright Mama on Star Maker
https://m.starmakerstudios.com/d/playrecording?app=sm&from_sid=100016476489&is_convert=true&pg_rf_ca_vn=324&recordingId=1688849912740469&share_type=copyLink
And Here's my Latest Cover of Heartbreak Hotel on Star Maker
https://m.starmakerstudios.com/d/playrecording?app=sm&from_sid=100016476489&is_convert=true&pg_rf_ca_vn=324&recordingId=1688849912737286&share_type=copyLink
And Here's My Latest Cover of American Trilogy by Elvis on Star Maker
I can sound Similar to Both Older and Younger Elvis
Answers
-
Thank you for your answer. I do a mean Dean Martin. But, I get what you're saything. Thank you.
-
-
Hey your Link Expired. Can you Post Another one?JFronck said: -
I Also do a Great Elvis and Sinatra and I can Do a Lot of Different People.JFronck said:Thank you for your answer. I do a mean Dean Martin. But, I get what you're saything. Thank you.
My Favorite Singers to impersonate are Elvis, Micheal Jackson, Kurt Cobain, Freddie Mercury, and Tom Keifer and I'm Pretty Good at All of them as well as Many Others.
I can Make my Voice sound like a Lot of Different People by Using Different Vocal Techniques and Pitches but if Anything I'd Say Naturally my Voice is Also Closer to Elvis or Sinatra then Anyone Else.
There are some Voices I have to Force a Little and other Voices I'm Naturally Closer to and Don't have to Force as Much.
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
