Home Vocal Health and Wellness
Options

Right side of Throat having slight itch and pain after singing

I tried singing some rock songs yesterday and realized I am having some pain and itch only on the right side of my throat for around 6 hours.. may I know if i am singing wrongly/too heavy for my throat to handle? And how should I work to prevent this from happening again

Comments

• Options
    sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    You may be using too much air and blasting it over the cords which can dry them out causing pain. Try bringing your volume back a little for starters. I'd have to hear a demo to really help out. There Could be a lot if factors contributing to sore throat.
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358

Here in the part of the world where I live we are in the peak of allergy season.  Out of the blue, I will feel an itch or burning sensation in my soft palate that can be very irritating.

That's not to say that you aren't oversinging or stressing your cords.

Remember to take it easy and take one step at a time.  You have the rest of your singing life to get to where you are going.  Always slightly underdo it rather than overdo it, unless you are prepared to take a step backwards from time-to-time.

Bob