Male Upper Register Tone
Musician_X
3.0 Streaming Posts: 4
I've been working on the course for about a year now and I am definitely seeing results. Recently though I've come to a roadblock. I am wondering how to keep that bright clean ping sound when singing in an upper mixed voice register. My problem is that while I can hit the note fine on pitch, it sounds more scream like and less pure tone. The best analogy I have is that it sound like Axl Rose or Brian Johnson and I'd like it to sound more like Steve Perry or Mickey Thomas. Any advice on how to maintain that relaxed bright tone in the upper mixed register and not default to distortion?
Comments
-
hi, if you bought the course you should register for student's access. these discussions are quite course specific. in general i would say it wil be a problem of either air management (compression), support and/or vowel modifications
-
Gotcha, I will do that.
-
Ken discusses that bright ping in V3 of the course I believe. Posting a video of an example would be best for us to give specific feedback.
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

