Home Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
Options

Link that I never tought it exists as such connection in between, coming from "USA" "Japan" "France"

(For many years I love listening the music from USA, Japan, France,
recently I discover that there are interesting link that I never tought it exists as such connection in between, coming from 3 different countries with each very different music styles)

I would like to ask you step by step, in order to complete my subject of thread, in ending notes.
so first I start with the USA by posting easy identifiable video

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wxoGvBQtjpM

at from 0:24, she sings lyric "you ain't nothing but ..."

This very vocal technic ("rough Growling and Roaring voices") which we frequently hear from gospel, blues, then now by R&B singers.

What exactly are the musical terms, how it calls this particular vocal technic, in musicology terms?

(I have never studied at music school) so I am very appreciated your every inputs and comments, Thank you

Comments

• Options
    JcbJcb Member Posts: 16
    That growl is done by the Epiglotis. This is actually the Part of the throat we use for swallowing if you restrict it you get a Mr bean Voice. And if you then go Fürther the Epiglotis will start to to Vibrate creating this deep Voice creating the deep Sound you know from Hollywood cuz it's used as a voice for Dragons, Venom or Domamu in Dr strange. How ever if you want that growl you will need to synchronize that with your Vocalfolds and the growl will slightly addapt to the Voice.

And it's actually called either Jazz growl or vocalized dragonbreath.
  • Options
    JcbJcb Member Posts: 16
    Jcb said:

That growl is done by the Epiglotis. This is actually the Part of the throat we use for swallowing if you restrict it you get a Mr bean Voice. And if you then go Fürther the Epiglotis will start to to Vibrate creating this deep Voice creating the deep Sound you know from Hollywood cuz it's used as a voice for Dragons, Venom or Domamu in Dr strange. How ever if you want that growl you will need to synchronize that with your Vocalfolds and the growl will slightly addapt to the Voice.

And it's actually called either Jazz growl or vocalized dragonbreath.</blockquote

I tried to explain it before it is a growl or dragonbreath lying under that. So she basically harmonizes with herstelf it's pretty Hard to explain that in a comment section cuz 1. It's not a technique we use daily
    2. It's on the insider
    3. You can't hear me.