Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Need a Feedback for Scales and Vowel Modificatiol (Audio in the message)

Hi guys, a review of these scales I sang yesterday would be fantastic!https://youtu.be/HDZnsINTPuo?si=QnX-6FnxM6GoEeT8

Comments

• Options
    TerenceTerence 3.0 Streaming Posts: 355
    I admire the courage it takes to be that raw.

What you're doing right is backing off the volume to navigate your passagio. When you get all the elements of your form down, you'll still need to do that to gain strength. However, your vowels are not formed correctly nor are you supporting (there's a lot to it, but most of it has to do with controlling the air supplied to the cords.)

You say you can't afford the course ($20/month?) but you're burning into your body the wrong habits and they are hard to undo. Also, you could continue for a long time with the technique you're using and not make much progress.

If you can view this profile I think the videos are free:

https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/profile/Klaus_T

You'll see how the foundation of everything is your chest voice and that the tip-toeing around in a tentative head voice does little for you at this stage.
  • Options
    FrankLapaliceFrankLapalice Member Posts: 11
    edited April 3
    Thanks a lot for your advice, even if i don’t fully understand which are my mistakes. For example, i would mean the world of you vuole explain in detail what I’m doing wrong with support. Anyway, even if the course could give some valid foundations, there isn't someone that would watch over me. (Also the course doesn’t reallly costs 20 per Month, as there is an entrance fee of 150 dollars)
  • Options
    TerenceTerence 3.0 Streaming Posts: 355

Thanks a lot for your advice, even if i don’t fully understand which are my mistakes. For example, i would mean the world of you vuole explain in detail what I’m doing wrong with support. Anyway, even if the course could give some valid foundations, there isn't someone that would watch over me. (Also the course doesn’t reallly costs 20 per Month, as there is an entrance fee of 150 dollars)

Yes. I think the entrance fee is sometimes less, though. I was able to bypass it by doing a year when starting.

Are you able to view those videos in the link? They're wonderful and will answer dozens of your questions.

When you've viewed them all a few times, let the information sink in a while and then post another sample.
  • Options
    FrankLapaliceFrankLapalice Member Posts: 11
    edited April 3
    Thank you for assisting me, i really appreciate that. I've taken a look, and it seemed to me that they were videos covering topics I had already seen on Ken's channel, and, I don't know, it seems to me that as useful as they are, they don't completely exhaust everything I should know to improve my mastery of support or vowels, for example.