Live performance advice please
Paulv5
Member Posts: 36
Hello guys I have a small gig in the month of May...This will be my first time performing to other peoples..to be honest I'm a little nervous..so can you give me some advice what are the dos and don'ts and what should I do from now to better prepare myself so that I'm in a good condition when I have to perform
Answers
-
Don't let yourself get so excited that you try and sing with extra sound. You have to pace yourself in order to have longevity. Stick to your technique. Make sure you can hear yourself well enough that you don't strain. Warm up quite a bit beforehand. Save alcohol ingestion til much later in your set.
-
Thank you ralleshouse for your advice , I'm fairly new to these experiences .. I'll keep your words in mind 🙏ralleshouse said:Don't let yourself get so excited that you try and sing with extra sound. You have to pace yourself in order to have longevity. Stick to your technique. Make sure you can hear yourself well enough that you don't strain. Warm up quite a bit beforehand. Save alcohol ingestion til much later in your set.
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy