A Cappella Rendition of 'Stand By Me', What's Your Take?
FrankLapalice
Member Posts: 30
Hi, everyone, recorded this a cappella song after a shower because I wanted to hear how my voice sounds without a backing track. What do you think? What could and should I improve?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=_XlmG8nzlgQ
https://youtube.com/watch?v=_XlmG8nzlgQ
Comments
-
The foundation sounds fine. I am no expert, but there are some isolated pitch issues I can tell. The resting notes (bottom ones) seem a bit off (sometimes flat sometimes sharp) and the high part on "darling darling" was lower than the original version. It might have been a stylistic choice though. Things are always more difficult without any instrumental reference. In light of that I'd say you did well for a first attempt.
You can try some app or computer software where you can see your live notes and then try it again. I use that and it is very helpful so you don't start your songs way off.
-
Thanks for your piece of advice man!
However, if the high part seems a bit lower, it's because it is, I sing it in a different key.
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy