Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

The I vowel

I must nave missed something because I don’t see anything mentioned about having to sing the I-vowel and what the mods would be. For example in Walk Away Rene, you have the I-vowel at the high point of a phrase “the empty SIDEwalks on my block…” I can tell you it a bad place to try to sing the I-vowel without a mod. My best guess is the mod would be “ah” instead of “I” but I don’t see that vowel discussed in its own right anywhere online. Thanks!

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,429
    hi, not all of the course information is available in the public section of the forum. did you buy the course?
  • happyhappy Member Posts: 4
    Yes I have the course and am not seeing it there either.
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,429
    alright, did you know you can get access to a student's part of the forum which entries invisible to people who don't own the course?
    as for the mods, there should be a pdf document in your course, for the individual volumes. in there you can find charts for the mods. it is also visible in some posts in the student's area, too
  • happyhappy Member Posts: 4
    Thank you. I’ll check the insert again. Can you tell me how to get access to the other section? I have the dvd set.