Fly Me to the Moon live cover in a restaurant!!
michaelmusic
2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 296
If you asked me 1 year ago if I’d be playing Fly Me to the Moon on guitar at a table in a restaurant in front of the restaurant customers and staff I wouldn’t believe you. I didn’t think my voice would be nearly good enough or I’d have enough confidence in my abilities to feel comfortable singing and playing guitar live.
Check out this cover below and give feedback about how you think I could improve! Personally I think I should include more dynamics in my voice to make it more soulful.
https://youtu.be/_Fbvk3PIXXk
Now, I can pick up a guitar and confidently perform for a crowd of hundreds of people comfortably and have a GREAT time. I did this yesterday at a wedding cocktail hour. My dream of one day feeling this is now a reality.
I sing for at least 30 minutes every day to incrementally improve my voice. I find ways to fit my vocal exercises in any way I can. Usually, I’m singing and driving to avoid bothering my neighbors. If I’m driving, I’m probably also doing vocal exercises.
This week I sang for a total of about 10 hours. I sang for 5 hours in 2 days at my live performances and then another 5 throughout the week.
I want to increase the amount of time I’m putting into music to about 15 hours a week. Playing covers like Fly Me To The Moon or YouTube collaborations like Die For You help to challenge me and give me a new project to work on that improves my singing abilities.
This year my goal is to put 8 original songs of mine on Spotify. I have the songs already written. I just need to record them. To record them I need to reallocate time from other projects towards recording.
This upcoming week and the following several weeks I will work to allocate more time towards music.
Check out this cover below and give feedback about how you think I could improve! Personally I think I should include more dynamics in my voice to make it more soulful.
https://youtu.be/_Fbvk3PIXXkNow, I can pick up a guitar and confidently perform for a crowd of hundreds of people comfortably and have a GREAT time. I did this yesterday at a wedding cocktail hour. My dream of one day feeling this is now a reality.
I sing for at least 30 minutes every day to incrementally improve my voice. I find ways to fit my vocal exercises in any way I can. Usually, I’m singing and driving to avoid bothering my neighbors. If I’m driving, I’m probably also doing vocal exercises.
This week I sang for a total of about 10 hours. I sang for 5 hours in 2 days at my live performances and then another 5 throughout the week.
I want to increase the amount of time I’m putting into music to about 15 hours a week. Playing covers like Fly Me To The Moon or YouTube collaborations like Die For You help to challenge me and give me a new project to work on that improves my singing abilities.
This year my goal is to put 8 original songs of mine on Spotify. I have the songs already written. I just need to record them. To record them I need to reallocate time from other projects towards recording.
This upcoming week and the following several weeks I will work to allocate more time towards music.
Comments
-
Nice job, all that hard work paying off for sure.
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy