CRAZY **MENTAL** Audio Delay ... WHAT?!!
CitizenFortress
Member Posts: 2
Ok, calling all musicians. Please watch this video and tell me what in the WORLD you think is going on. WHY am I CONSISTENTLY off by like half a second. I feel like I'm ON TIME, but I'm off. And I'm not off here and there, I'm off consistently. WHAT GIVES?!!!
I've made a youtube video for this to demonstrate the issue I'm having. This affects my singing, guitar playing, drum playing ... EVERYTHING seems to be half a second off. I'm absolutely gobsmacked. I have no idea what's happening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeH0kkurLmU
I've made a youtube video for this to demonstrate the issue I'm having. This affects my singing, guitar playing, drum playing ... EVERYTHING seems to be half a second off. I'm absolutely gobsmacked. I have no idea what's happening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeH0kkurLmU Comments
-
It's you, you'r 1/2 behind.
Set the metronome to 20 beats per minute and re-record. -
I'm not following Terence. It's me, but 20 BPM would be the same as 75 BPM.
-
For any beat, you can divide it into smaller segments. If each beat here is a crotchet, the 1/2 beat in between is a quaver. (Strictly 4 crotchets per bar, 8 quavers)
1-&-2-&-3-&-4-&. If you just count the numbers, you have your 4 beats. If you count the “and” as well, you have 8.
You are counting on the “and”, not the main beat. -
20 BPM would make everything more obvious and make it easier to work on correcting, I should have said.CitizenFortress said:I'm not following Terence. It's me, but 20 BPM would be the same as 75 BPM.
-
Interestingly, this shows musicality. Non-musical people clap on the numbers, musicians on the ‘&’
😎
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

