My Immortal COVER
RLV
Member Posts: 174
Comments
-
A moving performance, @RLV I've listened to multiple times.
You've left in many/most hard vowels and consonants but your voice is handling it. Would you agree with that observation?
Also, care to share anything about your vocal journey? -
@Terence thank you for the kind words man! I do agree with that, though I haven't thought about it until now.
The past 4 years or so of going from not knowing how to sing at all to where I am now has been quite the journey. Kens course taught me how to sing on pitch and how to use support and so many other things. Though after I got all of that down there was something missing that I've been discovering on my own. The main thing I have learned is really letting myself be vulnerable, getting emotional in my singing and really picking songs that I feel to my core to cover, and since the pitch and support in almost a second thought, really abandoning into my voice and feeling the words when singing. That's all I can think of to share. -
A long and fruitful journey, based on your recording!RLV said:@Terence thank you for the kind words man! I do agree with that, though I haven't thought about it until now.
The past 4 years or so of going from not knowing how to sing at all to where I am now has been quite the journey. Kens course taught me how to sing on pitch and how to use support and so many other things. Though after I got all of that down there was something missing that I've been discovering on my own.
Those specific goals are well on display in this particular song choice and performance so very well done.RLV said:....The main thing I have learned is really letting myself be vulnerable, getting emotional in my singing and really picking songs that I feel to my core to cover, and since the pitch and support in almost a second thought, really abandoning into my voice and feeling the words when singing. That's all I can think of to share.
Personally, I can't get to this level without removing hard consonants so it's impressive to hear your strength. Apparently, if you subtly remove some of them it may preserve the voice for the long term like Ken recommends for the theater performers.
Rock on, regardless!
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQEg6r95yrc