Can anyone help me find why my voice is weird + Listen to my new song
aarsenault12
Pro Posts: 37
Hi everybody, It's been a while since I haven't gone on this forum, but I've got a new song I would love for you guys to hear. But I'd also like to understand why my voice sounds weird. I've tried a lot of things and it still sounds weird. Maybe it's not possible but if it's so, I'm sure some of you would have advice to help me out. Thanks in advance and you all have a good one.
Here's the link to my song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0SUEuFr-8o
Here's the link to my song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0SUEuFr-8o Comments
-
What bit are you finding weird?
You've got really good support. Your pitch wanders a little bit at times, but this is small.
I wonder if you're comparing your voice to the original, which has probably got loads of effects added, to modify the overall sound? Also, your volume is high compared to the music, which makes it easy to hear what you're singing, but may be why you're feeling it sounds strange.
Can you elaborate more?! -
Well i'd have to say the tone isn't like a usual tone. Maybe it's not bad, but when I listen to it, I'm not 100% sure it's supposed to sound that way. But maybe it's just me, (I hear voices in my head and they tell me it's weird). But thanks for the analysis.
-
-
I am the original artist
-
But I'm inspired by radiohead, muse, Our lady peace and so on.
-
that's pretty cool to have written this, @aarsenault12!
One of the things I try and do with singing is to imitate the sound of the original artist. You can't do this with your own songs, but could try this with your influences. However, if they have a sound you don't like, you could then try lots of different versions.
For example, I was singing last night, and sang one with an Irish accent, and another with a Brummie accent. (If you're not from the UK, you won't know they're really pretty different!) -
thanks for the tip, I'll try it
-
@charlie_v hey, it's been a while, but i've listened to your tips and tried it on a new song, I'd love your comments. Here's the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpp81HZN6Rg -
That’s fun, @aarsenault12!
Reminds me of Spear of Destiny (https://open.spotify.com/track/6ruFXZ0jq5aeGm8PxheBAY?si=VV-1F1NhTnqNWW4ajdfNwQ&context=spotify:album:6QgAo9CPOBBpLGCWyidSaC)
Clean top notes, but they need more power! (Just like mine!) keep practising! -
@charlie_v thanks for the comment, sorry for the delay, I though that I was banned for some reason because my forum didn't work, but now I'm back and much appreciated
-
No worries @aarsenault12!
Everything’s moved over to Discord now. Go on the main website for information on what to do!
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
