Mixed Voice
Jonnyzr
Member Posts: 11
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding mixed voice. So Ken says to first stretch chest voice, then strengthen head voice, then strengthen the Passagio ,but how do I know when my chest voice and head voice are well developed. My chest range is from A2-G4 and my head voice can go up to a F#5. Until what notes should I stretch my chest to and how low should I bring my head voice ?
Comments
-
The bottom line is, you'll hear it.
when I started the course, Ken would be talking about moving over into head voice, but I couldn't hear any difference with his voice, (because he's developed it so much). I didn't realise I didn't have a head voice until one day it suddenly appeared!
But the problem is that my head voice is very flutey, and a very different sound to my chest voice. This is an opportunity for development.
Likewise, as I get to the top of my chest voice range, the sound quality changes: it's an audible difference.
So the aim is to develop both of these, so they become strong, and then are indistinguishable. But this is a long journey. I'd encourage you to consider signing up, because the various modules have exercises that help you begin to develop each part of your voice.
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
