Feedback on vocal routine
Jonnyzr
Member Posts: 11
Hello everyone, I would like to know if I am doing my vocal routine correctly. My goal is to be able to hit a C5. When it comes to my vocal routine, I start with a 10 minute warm up, then do 30 minutes of bridging exercises, then 30 minutes of stretching chest exercises. Would this help me unlock those high notes? If something is missing, please let me know. Thank you.
Comments
-
I think many of us would love to have an amazing range like Ken! In this context, C5 is pretty low, but still more than enough for most male songs.
But you’ve got to have a voice you can use when singing. This means having a solid chest voice, head voice, & being able to transition between the two. The biggest challenge for me is the transition through the passagio, which is below C5 for me.
All of this needs work to be & patience. The course is set up to help you learn the skills. But you’ll need to be patient for your results! -
Should I include stretching chest and strengthening my head voice in my vocal routines (strengthen them both at the same time) or focus on one register first for a while then the other.
-
I’ve been doing the course for about a year. I had worked my way through The various modules, but I’m mainly back in module 2 now.
You need to build the ability to sing through the passagio. There’s no great benefit in having a head voice until you do.
Keep working on this part in particular!
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
