How can I get a stronger mix ?

Hello everyone, I’ve been trying to grow my mixed voice over the months and sometimes I can go up scales up to a C5 with the sound connected but sometimes it flips to head voice on top. How can I make my mixed voice stronger and make it stay connected through all my range?

Comments

  • Terence
    Terence Moderator, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 596
    sing only as loud as you can connect. As your mix gets stronger you'll be able to sing louder and over a larger range.
  • This content has been removed.
  • michaelmusic
    michaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 296
    As you are honing your instrument (the voice) you will have days of inconsistency. Sing everyday around the same time with exercises for 30min and singing for 30min (or more ofcourse) and you will improve with the right technique applied.

    I recommend sharing a video of you so we can hear! Mixed voice comes from a strong chest voice mixing with a strong head voice. If you hear a noticeable flip then likely the head voice is weak, unsupported, and the chest was louder.

Ken's latest video