When to see an ENT Specialist
michaelmusic
2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 296
I performed a cocktail hour at a restaurant 2 weeks ago. Around that time my voice was already wearing a bit from singing practice and straining at loud bars.
After playing two 2 hour gigs this past weekend I'm giving my voice a rest. I notice symptoms of vocal tiredness like cracking, inconsistency and more concerningly some discomfort in the throat when speaking.
I was thinking to see an ENT with singer expertise to see if I am developing nodules. I am not sure what nodules feel like but just wanted to be overly safe.
Do you think that's a good idea or I'm overreacting? How can I tell whether I am developing nodules?
After playing two 2 hour gigs this past weekend I'm giving my voice a rest. I notice symptoms of vocal tiredness like cracking, inconsistency and more concerningly some discomfort in the throat when speaking.
I was thinking to see an ENT with singer expertise to see if I am developing nodules. I am not sure what nodules feel like but just wanted to be overly safe.
Do you think that's a good idea or I'm overreacting? How can I tell whether I am developing nodules?
Comments
-
i think go see the ENT. if in doubt, it is the safest option
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
