Support
Jonnyzr
Member Posts: 11
Hello everyone, I have a question, sometimes when I sing high notes and use support I still manage to strain my throat. How can I fix this? Also, why when I practice at home I can sing the high notes easily with mixed voice but at gigs I strain and fall into the trap to stretch chest.
Comments
-
You're probably trying to muscle your way up to the high notes which must be sung with all the components of the voice coordinated, not just stretched chest voice.Jonnyzr said:Hello everyone, I have a question, sometimes when I sing high notes and use support I still manage to strain my throat. How can I fix this?
You've spent your whole life using chest. How many seconds of mixed voice have you sung?Jonnyzr said:Also, why when I practice at home I can sing the high notes easily with mixed voice but at gigs I strain and fall into the trap to stretch chest.
Your mixed voice is a newly emerging technical skill and not yet a performance tool.
You may warm up the voice for your gig, but the benefits of the warmup dissipate in 15-30 minutes. Once you're warmed up try to come up with tricks (like the tongue exercise) that enable you to stay ready.
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
