A ballad type song I put together for my upcoming album release.
RLV
Member Posts: 174
I'm thankful for this community and all I've learned from Ken over the years. I've finally gotten some time to work on a new album and I hope it resonates when I release it. This is a softer, ballad esque song I made for it, would love to know what you guys think!
https://youtu.be/zGfy11RvyYw
https://youtu.be/zGfy11RvyYw Comments
-
A poignant and tastefully executed song; it stuck in my mind today after listening.
The best thing about the vocals is that you're in control of all the nuances so the listener knows that what they hear is exactly what you want to portray. Not easy to do with many of your parts.
0 - 0.44, 1:15 - 1:37 a low part of the male range to be so head voice dominated. Well done.
0.48 - .51 distorted slide. Love that distorted slide down from the F4.
1:07-12 (2:19-2:21) ..and I will play..along. These two light phrases are my favorite part of your vocal.
1:53 - 2:00 build to scream. This is fun and a great climax. -
@Terence
Thanks so much for the kind words man, I'm stoked that you enjoyed it, it really means a lot! I've been working extremely meticulously on this new music and the fact that you notice the nuances is greatly appreciated. -
@RLV, great to see your still at mate, your singing sounds amazing and the production is awesome!!
-
@codeowl Thanks man, that means a lot!
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
