How do you usually check your vocal range?
I’ve been practicing more regularly recently and wanted to get a clearer idea of my actual vocal range. I know the basic idea is to find the lowest and highest notes you can sing comfortably, but when I try to test it myself, the results vary depending on the method I use.
Sometimes I use a piano or keyboard app, sometimes I try to match tones, and sometimes I use an online vocal range test
But I’m still not sure what the most reliable approach is.
How do you usually test your range?
Do you follow a specific exercise, use an instrument, or something else?
Sometimes I use a piano or keyboard app, sometimes I try to match tones, and sometimes I use an online vocal range test
But I’m still not sure what the most reliable approach is.
How do you usually test your range?
Do you follow a specific exercise, use an instrument, or something else?
Comments
-
If you are not fully developed, the best indicator is your lowest comfortable note.
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
