How long a warm up for professional singer
jamesmlow2004
Member Posts: 2
Hi so I used to do scales before every gig like in the volume 3,4,5 but then somebody told me I should only do a short 5 min warmup before gigs but been finding my voice has got weaker bc I’m not regularly doing the vol 3 workouts but I gig like 4 nights a week and am constantly practicing singing songs so feel as though I dont have much evergy for scales but I feel the difference when I’m doing them often
Comments
-
It used to take me a full hour to warmup during years 1 and 2 on KTVA 3.0. Now, a well-spent 20 minutes is perfect. I'm ~4.3 years in, now.
Of that 20 min., the passagio is smoothed out after 8 minutes, and the rest of the time is spent on whatever vol 3-4-5 exercises seem to be best for whatever shape my voice is in that day.
On minute 21, songwork or performance begins. -
5 mins is too short. an hour is not unusual. i would say do at least 20 min, and then go from there, see how you cope best
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

